Although this was a fairly straightforward project, it ended up taking me a couple of days to complete. I just couldn't make up my mind - which paper combination, which embellishments, too much not enough? This is what I finally settled on, and I'm pretty pleased with the results.
Aren't they cute? This file is designed by Kelleigh Ratslaff, and can be found at The Digi Chick. They are so simple to put together, and Kelleigh has great pictures and step-by-step instructions on her blog Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs.
The papers I used to make the cupcakes are from 'The Glitzy Glitter Stack' (DCWV) in both bright and neutral.
I love this paper, it is so smooth and when you cut it with your die-cutting machine the glitter doesn't flake off or get stuck to your mat.
Here is a close-up of one of the cupcakes.
I used Scor-Tape to adhere the ribbon (from Michael's) to the top off the cupcake wrapper, and the flowers on top are cut from a silhouette file in the same papers.
The finishing touch is an adhesive backed gem in the center of the flower, and a sentiment from 'Small Script' (Stampin' Up) heat embossed on vellum. The flower and sentiment are held together with adhesive dots.
The cupcakes are for an event I'm attending later in the summer, so I haven't actually filled them with goodies yet. They would be a great size for holding a few chocolates, or a piece of jewelry. There are so many options for these they would be great for a bridal shower (they would look stunning just plain white) or a baby shower in a colors to co-ordinate with the theme.
As always thanks for stopping by.