So this is the layout I have been working on for a few days. It really shouldn't have taken me so long, but life kept interrupting my time in my crafting space.
At the beginning of the week I was checking around the internet for some inspiration, and went to DCWV and found the January Stackaholic Challenge. I am by no means a "stackaholic" (although the same cannot be said for certain ladies I know), but I do have a 'few' DCWV stacks. I liked the look of the sketch, so thought why not enter the challenge. I love working with these stacks, I mean all the hard work is done for you - no searching around for just the right papers to compliment each other they are right before your very eyes. The stack I chose for this LO is 'Cherry Limeade' - I fell in love with the combination of colours as soon as I saw them.
The title was cut with my Cameo, and is a font called 'Aharoni'. I used the offset feature in the Silhouette software to create the shadow in the pink paper - I love how simple this was. The title is 'popped-up' on foam squares to help give a little dimension.
Next came the 'fiddly' piece - making the small rosettes for letters to spell out Maui. I cut out each strip 1/2" x 8", scored the strip at 1/4" intervals and then accordion folded it. Linda from The Paper Boutique has a great video tutorial showing how to do this. These guys are just so small, and when you come to the part of using the hot glue gun (!!!!!), needless to say more got on my fingertips than on the rosettes (ouch!)
Here is a look at the larger rosette (the strip measures 2" x 16') that I used for the journalling.
The arrow which leads from the title to the rosettes down the side of the page was made using 3 rectangles and a triangle - I manipulated them and welded them together using the Silhouette software.
One final look at the finished LO.
Thanks for stopping by to look.