With this award come a few rules.
1. Thank the person that awarded you.
2. Tell 7 things about yourself that people may not know about you.
3. Pass on the award to 7 other blogs.
Well, where to begin?
1. I'm not much of a 'rule-follower'.
2. My favourite colour is purple.
3. I am 5ft 12 inches tall :)
4. I think 'pasta' should be its own food group.
5. I recently started a 'love affair' with ProMarkers (one day I'll be brave and post a project with them.)6. I am petrified of birds (to the point of hyperventilating.)
7. I am a huge 'Criminal Minds' fan. (Many actually already know about my FBI 'connections')
Now this is where I become a bit of a rule-breaker, I'm giving the award to some people who have either just started blogging, or who haven't posted for a while - I know these ladies and they are all very talented so please go and check out their blogs and give them some words of encouragement.
1. Paper Grandma
2. Landlocked Island Girl
3. Paper Luving Mom
I know there are only 3 blogs, but I am still really new to this and want to give encouragement to other newbies too - hope I can be forgiven for the short list.
Now on with my project. There are a group of ladies who I 'get together' with over facebook, and some of us are meeting in Florida next February. We decided to have a letter swap - we each decorate our own initial to give out and take back the other initials to hang on our craft room wall. I think it will be great to have these decorated letter hanging up, it will be just like we are crafting together. Here is my finished project.
These letters I got from Hobby Lobby (50% off of course.) This is what they look like 'naked'.
My next step was to spray each one with Elmers Craftbond adhesive, lay them face down on my chosen paper and trim around the shape with an Xacto blade. The paper I chose is 'Lost & Found' (MME) - it is double-sided and so beautiful I had a hard time deciding which side to use.
After the paper is trimmed I sanded the edges and then inked them using Basic Brown from Stampin' Up.
Well, I couldn't just leave it there, so I decided to add a bit of shimmer with some Perfect Pearls Mist in 'Cappuccino' and 'Perfect Copper'.
Then the fun began.....decorating.
I'll post the details of that tomorrow. Thanks for taking a peek.